Thursday, February 23, 2012

York PC 112: I Was Advised At The DPDC President's Day Gala That I Have Been Voted York Township Precinct Committeeman Of The Year...

...which is really nice and quite unexpected.

This award is from the York township Democratic Organization, and is strictly at the Township level. Nasr Jhangir was voted Precinct Committeeman of the year for all of DuPage County by the DPDC.

I think I'll be speaking a little at the York Township Saint Patrick's Day dinner on March 18th.

I'm not sure why I was nominated or voted to be awarded, but here are some of my guesses:

1. I've been doing extensive web and I.T. support for the County Party and several candidates.
2. I helped write a resolution on the Navistar deal that was adopted by several township organizations that helped bring better environmental provisions to the the final deal that was reached.
3. I've walked my precinct and done my best to support the Democratic Voters within my precinct.

Anything else, I guess they can tell me some day. :-)

Still, all that pertains to 2011. Given the importance of the coming year, this is no time to rest easy on our laurels. We need to be giving it our all-out best effort here in 2012.

We have a Primary Election here on March 20th that will allow us to chose which candidates we will have vying with Republicans next November. We had best all get out and vote, and we had best choose wisely.

I honestly don't think the country can stand another term obstructed by Republicans in the thrall of billionaires and giant corporations. We won't have a middle class or environment left if we do, and I doubt the national infrastructure can withstand another couple of years of deep neglect, nor can the economy.

Our only choice is to innovate and build our way out of this slump, and in part we need to free up the consumer demand of a strong, vibrant middle class in order to un-stick all the capital at the top and get it flowing through the general economy again.

Most people should know this down deep. If you ever played Monopoly, you know that the game stops when one person owns so much property and has so much money that there's nothing left for anyone else to trade. You can't have an economy if money isn't in motion, and if it's confined in the savings and investments of only a very few wealthy people, none of the rest of us can help drive demand for goods and services - so everything shrinks or fails except those few businesses those with money care to frequent.

There is SO much work to do! We had best get on it!

All the best, if you work and vote for it,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment