Sunday, April 8, 2012

We won! 'Bully' to be rated PG-13

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Katy Butler via Change.org" <mail@change.org>
Date: Apr 8, 2012 12:15 PM
Subject: We won! &apos;Bully&apos; to be rated PG-13
To: <aquarianm@gmail.com>

 
Change.org

Daniel -

I have some amazing news to share.

Last month, I saw the new documentary, Bully, which reveals the raw and honest reality behind bullying in high schools and middle schools. I cried when I watched the movie because I was horribly bullied in middle school. That's why I was shocked to find out that other young people like me might not be able to see the movie because the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) gave it an "R" rating.

Outraged, I started a petition on Change.org asking the MPAA to change the rating to PG-13. After more than half a million people signed -- including you! -- the MPAA agreed. When Bully is released on April 13, it will be rated PG-13, and the most controversial scene in the film will remain unchanged, reflecting the reality and brutality of bullying.

This happened because people like you -- 500,000 strong -- came together to say that we think the issue of bullying in schools is important, and if this movie can help, then kids should be able to see it. We were even joined by people like Ellen DeGeneres, Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, Michael Jordan, Drew Brees, Justin Bieber, and 35 members of Congress. My petition was covered by almost every major TV station and newspaper in America.

When I was bullied, I felt alone. But today I feel the power of half a million people standing beside me. Thank you so much.

- Katy

 

------

If there's something you want to change in your community, it only takes about 2 minutes to start your own petition. Just click here to get started.

This email was sent by Change.org to aquarianm@gmail.com   |   Start a petition
Unsubscribe. Edit your email notification settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment