Saturday, March 26, 2011

York PC 112: Hmm. We Have A Park In Our Precinct. I'm Thinking...

...have a late Spring gathering / festival at the small park in my Precinct, maybe in late May.

Maybe we could grill out together, a kind of "meet the neighbors" event. Nothing formal or partisan.

I'll make a visit to the park I'm thinking of, get its information, contact the Park District, and see what happens. If it can be done, it'll be a good excuse for me to walk my precinct again, now that my foot's starting to get better. (I fractured a piece of cartilage in my right ankle in January, but it's almost healed now.)

The park I'm thinking of is bordered by 14th & 15th Streets, 3rd street, and Luther Avenue. Google Map Satellite view: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=oak+brook+illinois+luther+ave+%26+15th+street&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

There looks to be parking for 24 vehicles in the park itself, but most of us could walk or bike there. Hmm. I can't get the name of the park on the sign in Google Street View, it's too blurred. Seems like one of those detail;s their little camera van should've paid attention to. You can see the sign, but not read it. There's a gazebo, playground, baseball diamond, and more there.

Maybe we could get some local talent to play music for us, or get some boom boxes at least.

If anyone has thoughts on this, click on my picture at the upper-right of this blog, or leave me a comment on this post.

This might be fun!

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment