Monday, November 7, 2011

York PC 112: A Busy Campaign Season Kicks Off And More...

I attended two Democratic organizational meeting this past week.

The first was the York Township organization meeting. We had several candidates speak, including the offices of County Clerk of the Circuit Court candidate Ralph Scalise, and County Board District 2 Representative Liz Chaplin.

I was very impressed with Ralph Scalise's employment history, which included a term or more as Assistant Clerk of the Circuit Court for DuPage County, among other impressive public administrative positions. He is also an intelligent and articulate speaker.

I was left with a lot of hope for Liz Chaplin, she has a special history in DuPage County. Liz was the whistle-blower who exposed the mess at the DuPage Water Commission. She is intelligent, articulate, sincere, and informed. I think she stands a very good chance of being elected.

Most of the campaigns are still working hard on ballot petitions; campaign literature is still in-progress, and websites aren't yet up. I'm looking forward to having all the materials to support these candidates, but in the meantime, I'm walking my precinct gathering petition signatures to get a slate of candidates on the Democratic ballot for us in the Primary election. Winners of the Primary will automatically be on the ballot in the general election.


The second meeting that I attended was the DuPage County organization Executive Committee. We voted on the 2012 organizational budget, heard officers reports, and heard Township Chairs' reports. It was an interesting meeting, and we got a lot accomplished. We also heard from the Assistant Speaker of the House for the Illinois Congress, and from several action committees. Things are really picking up in DuPage county, especially online. I'm glad to have been an integral part of the online efforts for the county party. I also found out that we've added more than 80 new Precinct Committeemen. We're a far cry from where we were five years ago.

Once I'm past the ballot petitions, I intend to dive in to online work for the York Township Democratic Organization, and other Precinct Committeemen in York.

I'm actively seeking support volunteers in York precinct 112. Please remember, I am a volunteer. Even though I am an elected officer of the party, I do not get paid in any way for this work. If you want to see York 112 and DuPage county turn Democratic, please offer to help. You can e-mail me simply by clicking on my my picture at the upper right of this blog.

All the best, if you work and vote for it,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment