Sunday, January 27, 2013

Experts warn obesity will soon reach pandemic proportions | The Raw Story

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/27/experts-warn-obesity-will-soon-reach-pandemic-proportions/

*Dance breaks. More walking and biking or skateboard / roller-skating infrastructure. Paid-for Tai Chi classes at work with 30-minute sessions. I personally gave up eating wheat a year ago, and I've lost 40 pounds. I'm still 60 pounds overweight and battling to add more exercise into my life around work and commuting. Winter doesn't help, because all of the things I love to do physically are cut off, and I can't find a good local Tai Chi class that matches my schedule, nor a place to dance regularly that fits my schedule. Our culture is crap for making the CONDITIONS & INFRASTRUCTURE that promote year-round exercise possible a priority. This is your real health care crisis. - Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment