Sunday, April 3, 2011

York PC 112: There's some Things We All Seem To Be Forgetting...

...and I told you I'm into poetry a bit. This is just a touch, but you can quote me on it for Sunday:

"In hearts and minds the world-over, you find the same things; a need for love, for a sense of freedom, a sense of some stability in life. If we just reach up to giving those things to everyone, this world would be a pretty sweet place to be. Don't hold back your hugs, or your smile, or the twinkle in your eyes, because that's what makes us love you."

Yeah, I wrote it. It's on my persona signature in the poetry forums that I write at. Most of what I write isn't flowers and romance - it can be just about anything, ranting, reminiscing, imagining, educating, being amazed. I've said in the past that the entire Universe can fit between the lines of a poem, but for today, this quote above is enough to remember.

Maybe, just maybe, if we could apply something like this to places like Afghanistan or the little small towns that are drying up and blowing away outside the city bubbles all across the United States, things would be a ton less ugly.

Food for thought.

All the best,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment